Treasury Concepts Agenda
An overview of the financial components with the university
This two-day workshop is designed to provide participants an understanding of the general practice of Cash, Investment and Debt Management within a capital structure strategy. Course material and discussion is targeted at the entry and mid level business officer position. Enrollment is a minimum of 20 students with a maximum of 40 students. This enhances participation by all students and allows for networking between each institution representative.
Day One: Asset Management
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Introduction of Participants and Program Overview
9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
A. Introduction to Treasury Management (part one)
- Concepts of Treasury Management
- Cash Management and Banking
- The Evolving Global Payment System
10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. BREAK
10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Introduction to Treasury Management (part two)
- Treasury IT, Data Protection, and PCI
- Fraud Prevention
- Cards on Campus
- Cash Forecasting
- Trends in Treasury Management
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. LUNCH
1:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
B. Treasury Investments
- Overview of Treasury Investments
- Short Term Investment Programs
- Investing in Changing Rate Environments
- Allocation Strategies
- Internal vs. External Investment Management
- Investment Policies for Working Capital
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. BREAK
3:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
C. Endowment Management Principals
- Overview of Endowment Management
- Goals and Purpose of Endowments
- Spending Policy and its Role in Endowment Management
- Traditional Asset Classes
- Non Traditional Asset Classes
- Portfolio Structure and Characteristics
- Re-Balancing the Portfolio
- Investment Policies
5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Reception: a casual reception to network and enjoy a Savannah evening
Day Two: Debt Management and Capital Structure
8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
A. Debt Management Overview and Concepts
- Goal Setting and General Debt Strategies
Overview of Debt Structure
Principals of Using Debt
Short-Term Debt Instruments
Long-Term Debt Instruments
Choosing Credit Products Wisely
10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. BREAK
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
B. Capital Structure Overview
- Overview of how investment and debt components interact to help meet your strategic plan.
- Asset Liability Management
- The Internal Bank
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Course Overview and Final Questions
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a broad overview of Cash, Endowment and Debt Management, but more importantly how these important components fit into the Institution’s Capital Structure and Strategies.
Note: Program is subject to change.