September 26-27, 2016
Doubletree Savannah-Historic District | Savannah, GA
Registration is now closed.
The Treasury Institute for Higher Education will be facilitating this workshop on September 26th and 27th in Savannah, Georgia. Last year's Treasury Concepts workshop drew almost 40 participants from varying sized and geographically diverse institutions. Overall, participant feedback was extremely positive on content, instruction, and networking with peers. This year's workshop will once again target 30 to 50 participants going through a day and a half curriculum that will give everyone a solid foundation of treasury and financial management.
Benefits of attending:
- Participants will gain a full understanding of the treasury management role in higher education.
- Gain a broad understanding of the core components of the treasury office focused on short term investing, endowment investing and debt issuance and management.
- Learn how treasury processes interact with entire educational institution.
This workshop will cover:
- The role of treasury management within a higher educational institution
- Fraud in the treasury system
- Investments: short-term and long-term vehicles and strategies
- Endowments and connection to treasury management
- Debt instruments and strategies, leasing, debt capacity, asset/liability management
- Bonds: types, issuance and administration (underwriter, counsel, advisor)
- and more!
What to expect:
Our faculty members are not only highly experienced treasury professionals-they have strong expertise in presenting treasury material and have refined this workshop to provide the maximum educational benefit.
Who should attend:
- New treasury professionals, working in one aspect of treasury, needing an overview of the many roles of their field
- Non-treasury business, budgeting, accounting, internal audit and finance professionals of any level seeking to gain a broader understanding of this critical institutional support function and how business decisions affect treasury management
You will find the workshop moves quickly, guiding through a wide range of treasury functions and concepts. But, the atmosphere will be relaxed, you will be among other talented, motivated professionals and there will be time to network and ask questions.
Read the Treasury Institute Green Statement.